Lynne received a BA in English from The University of the South and an MFA in Fibers from The Savannah College of Art and Design. Her teaching experience includes workshops at The Arthur M. Sackler Gallery and Textile Museum in Washington as well as the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg. She also taught classes in historical techniques and screen printing at NCSU College of Design. From 2005-2011 Lynne taught a class she created for the Arts and Ideas Program at UNCA called Craft and the Machine. The class followed the Arts and Crafts Movement from 19th century Great Britain to modern day Asheville.
Lynne has exhibited her work in venues from The George Washington University Collonade Gallery to East Carolina State University, The Hickory Museum of Art and Green Hill Center for North Carolina Art. She has completed commissions for The Textile Museum, Judea Reform Congregation in Durham, NC and The University of North Carolina.
Lynne's work has been featured in American Craft, The Surface Design Journal, Southern Living and FiberArts. In 2006, Lark Books published her book Shibori: A Beginner's Guide to Creating Color and Texture on Fabric.
In 2011 Lynne took over management and development of the online store for Tupelo Honey Cafe. In 2012, online sales reached almost $300,000 and the next year she was promoted to Marketing Manager for the company. As an aside, in 2014 the company decided to close its online sales because the growth put a huge strain on the downtown restaurant.
As Marketing Manager, Lynne grew the social media success of the company from 12,000 Facebook fans to 75,000 and managed a $500,000 marketing budget. She also grew the email database and loyalty program from 1200 members to 55,000.
Lynne's greatest strength is her ability to understand and integrate systems based on a company's need as well as its expertise.
Website Estimate and Scope of Work
1. Run complete website analysis. Interpret data and create strategic plan for:
$400 (one time fee)
2. Run monthly website reports and manage web updates. Manage blog content, schedule guest writers and posts with monthly editorial calendar.
Social Media Estimate and Scope of Work
1. Analyze engagement. Identify “super users.” Create strategic plan for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
$400 (one time fee)
2. Create detailed monthly editorial calendar.
3. Manage editorial calendar, create content (including photography, videos, and posts) with oversight and approval.
Email Estimate and Scope of Work
1. Analyze email data and create strategic plan for building targeted database. Create editorial calendar for the year.
$200 (one time)
2. Implement monthly email campaigns.
Upload products to to new online store.
$200 per 50 items
Develop best practices for significantly growing online sales, including integrated inventory management. This would mean understanding POS and sales structure for entire campus and researching and testing possibilities.
$500 (one time)